TD: 2021 Volume 17
2021 Volume 17
- Editorial comment / Jarvis, Janet; De Jager, Sarina
- The role of undergraduate laboratories in the formation of engineering identities: A critical review of the literature / Winberg, Christine; Winberg, Simon L.
- Conflict of interest: The case of a non-decision-making committee at a South African public higher education institution / Wessels, Jacobus S.; Sadler, Elmarie
- The judicious use of theory in social science research / Van der Waldt, Gerrit
- The epistemology of (m)other tongue(s): What does this mean for language in education? / Tsebe, Aubrey T.
- Lack of business planning: A barrier to successful implementation of total quality management in South African agricultural small-, micro- and medium-sized enterprises / Sonandi, Awonke; Ladzani, Mmboswobeni W.; Nealer, Eric J.
- The power of narrative health communication: Exploring possible effects of first-hand experiential stories on cancer awareness amongst university students / Sitto, Karabo; Lubinga, Elizabeth; Geya, Molemi
- E-payment instruments and welfare: The case of Zimbabwe / Simatele, Munacinga
- Well-being innovation platform projects of the North-West University: Evaluative perceptions of community participants / Sebeco, Lebogang; Zaaiman, Johan
- Financial management and phenomenology: The role of dialogue, accountability and context in investment decisions / Rathbone, Mark; Van Rooyen, Surika
- Transdisciplinary service-learning for construction management and quantity surveying students / Pinfold, Laura F.
- Exploring the quality of pre-service teachers’ critical analysis of cartoons within environmental contexts in the Life Sciences / Pillay, Rajendran; Govender, Samantha
- Ongoing climate crises and obstacles to adaptation: Observations from the Ditsobotla Local Municipality, South Africa / Pienaar, Anica; Coetzee, Christo; Nemakonde, Livhuwani
- South Africa’s multiple vulnerabilities, food security and livelihood options in the COVID-19 new order: An annotation / Patrick, Hosea O.; Khalema, Ernest N.; Abiolu, Oluremi A.; Ijatuyi, Enioluwa J.; Abiolu, Rhoda T.
- Managing diversity in schools: The place of democratic education and ubuntuism in South Africa / Omodan, Bunmi I.; Ige, Olugbenga A.
- The ‘anti-sociality’ of social media as portrayed in selected Zimdancehall songs / Nhongo, Raphael; Tshotsho, Baba P.; Muringa, Tendai F.
- Teachers’ experiences of teaching Accounting in the context of curriculum changes in South Africa / Ngwenya, Jabulisile C.; Sithole, Nosihle V.; Okoli, Mercy
- A gendered approach to drought-coping mechanisms: A case of the Lubombo region, Eswatini / Myeni, Samukelisiwe; Wentink, Gideon J.
- Narrative review: Social media use by employees and the risk to institutional and personal information security compliance in South Africa / Murire, Obrain T.; Flowerday, Stephen; Strydom, Kariena; Fourie, Christoffel J.S.
- A critical review of the impact of South Africa’s mine closure policy and the winding-up process of mining companies / Mpanza, Mbalenhle; Adam, Elhadi; Moolla, Raeesa
- A conceptual framework of the relationship between musicking and Personal and Social Well-being for intermediate phase learners in the South African context / Mouton, Rechallda J.; Morelli, Janelize
- A case for ethical frameworks to enhance mobile government implementation at South African municipalities / Makwembere, Sandra; Garidzirai, Rufaro
- The representation of curricular spider-web model in the Lesotho curriculum and assessment policy framework / Makumane, Makhulu A.; Ngcobo, Sandiso
- High school learners views on benefits derived from attending career talks: Need for sound career guidance / Makola, Zamandlovu S.; Saliwe, Pumeza; Dube, Itumeleng; Tabane, Ramodungoane; Mudau, Awelani V.
- Narratives and interpretations of the political economy of Zimbabwe’s development aid trajectory, 1980–2013 / Magocha, Blessing; Mutekwe, Edmore
- Workplace engagement of South African Millennials: A non-issue? / Louw, Thelma; Steyn, Renier
- A systematic review of comprehensive sexuality education for South African adolescents / Koch, Ronel; Wehmeyer, Welma
- Cross-disciplinary synergy: First-year students’ experiences of learning academic writing through integrated writing support at a University of Technology / Khumalo, Nonhlanhla P.; Reddy, Sarasvathie
- Exploring understandings of sexual consent amongst Life Orientation student-teachers through intergroup dialogue / Khau, Mathabo
- Chronicling teachers’ experiences on integrating information and communication technology across the curriculum / Kafu-Quvane, Babalwa P.
- Values-based Physical Education for the intermediate schooling phase in a diverse South African context / Jones, Cherese F.; Roux, Charl J.
- Teacher identity and Religion Education in Life Orientation / Jarvis, Janet
- Empathetic-reflective-dialogical re-storying: A teaching–learning strategy for life orientation / Jarvis, Janet
- Boundary talk in Life (dis)Orientation: Collaborative conversations across Higher Education Institutions / Jarvis, Janet; De Jager, Sarina
- Examining the interface between bureaucratic conflict and public interest in Africa / Igbokwe- Ibeto, Chinyeaka J.
- ‘We are all just prisoners here of our own device’: The moral challenge of balancing technology, work and capitalistic pursuits / Goldman, Geoff
- History education and citizenship conundrum: Experiences and perspectives of Lesotho General Certificate of Secondary Education history teachers in Lesotho / Fru, Raymond N.; Liphoto, Makatleho
- Courageous conversations in the Life Orientation classroom and teacher vulnerability / Delport de Villiers, Christa; De Jager, Sarina
- Empowering global leaders through workplace sustainability: A case of Zambian leaders / Daugherty, Robert; Zelihic, Maja; Deresa, Chera; Nga’mbi, Hellicy C.; Ssekamatte, David
- Perceptions and experiences of cyberbullying amongst university students in the Eastern Cape province, South Africa / Cilliers, Liezel
- Exploring the scope of and gaps in the teaching and learning of Business Studies at school and teacher education levels / America, Carina; Skelly, Lara
- Sustainable learning for refugee children in South African primary schools: A theoretical approach / Adams-Ojugbele, Rasheedah O.; Hlalele, Dipane
- The world we live in : A perspective on blended learning and music education in higher education / Cruywagen, Sonja; Potgieter, Hetta
(AOSIS, 2021)The literature shows that electronic payments are key to improving financial inclusion and achieving global development goals such as the United Nation’s (UNs) Sustainable Development Goals. The benefits are premised on ...
Well-being innovation platform projects of the North-West University: Evaluative perceptions of community participants (AOSIS, 2021)Community engagement referred to approaches in which communities were involved in activities that positively impacted their lives. Currently, higher education institutions have community engagement high on their agenda. ...
Financial management and phenomenology: The role of dialogue, accountability and context in investment decisions (AOSIS, 2021)In this article, it will be argued that subjective assumptions play a prominent part in the way valuations are conducted and investment decisions are made by financial managers (FMs) from the perspective of agency theory. ...
(AOSIS, 2021)The transformation of higher education in South Africa has seen higher education institutions become more responsive to community matters by providing institutional support for service-learning projects. Despite ...
Exploring the quality of pre-service teachers’ critical analysis of cartoons within environmental contexts in the Life Sciences (AOSIS, 2021)The world is presently facing a myriad of environmental challenges. One way to address these challenges is through the development of cognitive abilities to analyse environmental issues and respond to them appropriately. ...
Ongoing climate crises and obstacles to adaptation: Observations from the Ditsobotla Local Municipality, South Africa (AOSIS, 2021)Adaptation is a key component for fostering resilience amongst farmers as they are exposed to the challenges caused by climate change. However, the implementation of adaptation strategies is not equal or easy for most ...
South Africa’s multiple vulnerabilities, food security and livelihood options in the COVID-19 new order: An annotation (AOSIS, 2021)The advent of the COVID-19 pandemic and its crippling effects exacerbate many people’s vulnerability to food security across the world, including Africa. This article offers an explorative discourse on the implication ...
(AOSIS, 2021)South African classrooms were highly diversified. The problem, however, was that although democracy has been a critical characteristic of South Africa for over two decades, it is still a very vague concept to many. A ...
(AOSIS, 2021)Background: Although social media was designed with the aim of bringing good, it has however taken negative trajectory in societies of the world which has resulted in unpleasant outcomes such as conflicts, lack of Ubuntu, ...
(AOSIS, 2021)Accounting as a subject is plagued by persistent changes because of shifts in the discipline originating from the developments in the profession. This study focuses on teachers’ experiences of teaching Accounting as a ...
Narrative review: Social media use by employees and the risk to institutional and personal information security compliance in South Africa (AOSIS, 2021)Social media platforms have become essential to organisations in developing countries as they can offer a business advantage. This comes with security risks and privacy concerns as numerous scientific literatures have ...
A critical review of the impact of South Africa’s mine closure policy and the winding-up process of mining companies (AOSIS, 2021)Background: Most mining operations are viable for a period of 30 years, depending on the mineral extracted and the available reserves. Whilst the expectation is that mines will continue uninterrupted until the planned ...
A conceptual framework of the relationship between musicking and Personal and Social Well-being for intermediate phase learners in the South African context (AOSIS, 2021)This article proposes a conceptual framework to understand the relationship between musicking and Personal and Social Well-being for intermediate phase learners. We analysed the intermediate phase life skills Curriculum ...
A case for ethical frameworks to enhance mobile government implementation at South African municipalities (AOSIS, 2021)Interest in mobile government (m-government) is growing globally. Mobile government refers to the use of wireless and mobile technologies to deliver services to citizens, businesses, employees and other government entities. ...
The representation of curricular spider-web model in the Lesotho curriculum and assessment policy framework (AOSIS, 2021)Over the years, curriculum reforms have formed part of Lesotho’s attempt to address the socio-economic development factor through education policies such as the Lesotho curriculum and assessment policy (CAP) framework, ...
High school learners views on benefits derived from attending career talks: Need for sound career guidance (AOSIS, 2021)Tertiary institutions in South Africa are experiencing alarming undergraduate drop-out rates. This has partly been attributed to students’ inadequate preparation, and failure to gather information on, and planning for, ...
Narratives and interpretations of the political economy of Zimbabwe’s development aid trajectory, 1980–2013 (AOSIS, 2021)The purpose of this conceptual study is to analyse the political economy of Zimbabwe’s development aid trajectory from 1980 to 2013. The discussion unfolds around four historical epochs: colonial legacy, land and ...
(AOSIS, 2021)Although theories on generational issues abound, this research sought to explore whether Millennial employees and employees from Generation X responded differently to the South African work environment. The aim of the ...
(AOSIS, 2021)Comprehensive sexuality education (CSE) was implemented in South African schools in the year 2000 as part of the subject Life Orientation, with the aim of contributing positively to adolescent sexual health in a holistic ...