TD: 2020 Volume 16
2020 Volume 16 No 1
- The Ethiopian example: time for taking bold steps in our neck of the woods? / Johann Tempelhoff
- Improving the contribution of foreign voluntourists in South Africa : The importance of training and supervision / Strohmeier, Carina; Heleta, Savo
- The innovative use of social media for teaching English as a second language / Rwodzi, Christopher;De Jager, Lizette; Mpofu, Nhlanhla
- Constructing conceptual frameworks in social science research / Van der Waldt, Gerrit
- What counts as disciplinary literacy instructional approaches in teacher education? / Mpofu, Nhlanhla; Maphalala, Mncedisi C.
- Developing the usage index for teaching with technology : A case study for Motheo district, South Africa / Hlalele, Bernard M.
- The world we live in : A perspective on blended learning and music education in higher education / Cruywagen, Sonja; Potgieter, Hetta
- Geohydrological aspects of importance in the public management of basic water supply services in Merafong City Local Municipality (Carletonville area), South Africa / Nealer, Eric J.
- Municipal demarcation process in the establishment of the Collins Chabane Local Municipality and reasons for the eruption of Vuwani, South Africa / Netswera, Mavis M.; Nealer, Eric J.
- The relevance of Kaizen-based work-readiness training for South African University of Technology students / Nofemela, Fundiswa R.; Winberg, Christine
- A learner perspective on the implementation of Geographic Information Systems in selected schools in KwaZulu-Natal province / Zondi, Thabile A.; Tarisayi, Kudzayi S.
- Livelihood strategies and diversification amongst the poor : Evidence from South African household surveys / Mishi, Syden; Sikhunyana, Zintle; Ngonyama, Nomasomi; Sibanda, Kin
- Foundation for transdisciplinary education at Cape Peninsula University of Technology / Mokhele, Masilonyane; Pinfold, Nicholas
- Tourism business operators’ perceptions, knowledge and attitudes towards climate change at Victoria Falls / Dube, Kaitano; Nhamo, Godwell
- The big five personality traits influencing habitual Facebook usage, life satisfaction and psychological well-being of Generation Y students / Maziriri, Eugine T.
- Pre-service teachers’ perceptions of their parents’ and teachers’ attitudes towards mathematics / Mkhize, Msizi V.
- The conceptualised role of African diaspora in the renaissance of the African continent / Magocha, Medicine
- Digital media, the body and agency in a South African education institution from the perspective of narrative research / Kelleher, William
- Creating a virtuous cycle for increased trust in local government / Taylor, J. Derek; Draai, Enaleen; Jakoet-Salie, Amina
- The challenges experienced by small-scale fishing communities of Lake Kariba, Zimbabwe / Muringai, Rodney T.; Naidoo, Denver; Mafongoya, Paramu
- Using WhatsApp for co-creation of learning resources : A case of a South African university / Rambe, Patient; Chipunza, Crispen; Ng’ambi, Dick
- Bridging the gap between technical and social competencies of urban and regional planning through mobile technology : The case of Cape Peninsula University of Technology / Pinfold, Nicholas; Mokhele, Masilonyane
- Rural transformation, network society and the information age : The case of Nkonkobe District Municipality in the Eastern Cape / Connor, Teresa
- A remarkable year with new opportunities / Tempelhoff, Johann W.N.
- Invoking interactive qualitative analysis as a methodology in statistics education research / Ananth, Anisha; Maistry, Suriamurthee
- Interventions supporting the integration of refugee children in the primary school life: Roles of the child’s contexts of development / Adams-Ojugbele, Rasheedah O. ; Mashiya, Nontokozo
- Entrepreneurship and women’s economic empowerment in Zimbabwe: Research themes and future research perspectives / Derera, Evelyn; Croce, Francesca ; Phiri, Maxwell ; O’Neill, Charles
- An examination of the challenges of quality water provision in Madibeng local municipality, North West province / Ranngu, Josephine E. ; Mukonza, Ricky M.
- Using Setswana in business transactions in the clothing industry at the West Rand District Municipality in Gauteng / Macucwa, Solomon T.; Ditsele, Thabo ; Makgato, Mary M.
- Gender conversations in Zimbabwe: A precursor of male gaze in visual art practices / Dziwa, Dairai D. ; Postma, Louise ; Combrink, Louisemarie
- Profiles of tourists participating in shark cage diving in Gansbaai, South Africa / Mabaleka, Nolwazi; Ntloko, Ncedo J. ; Swart, Kamilla
- Analysing personal financial wellness amongst employees of a South African tertiary institution / Fouché, Jacobus P.; Manyaapelo, Johanna
- Employees’ perceptions of diversity management practices as predictors of psychological capital: A South African study / Sealome, Lestoanelo P.; Chipunza, Crispen
- Not just a language with white faces: Analysing #taalmonument on Instagram using machine learning / Kotze, Eduan; Senekal, Burgert
- Corrigendum: Through the eyes of parents: Culture of young children in diverse early learning spaces / Van As, Aletta J.; Excell, Lorayne A. ; Magadla, Noluthando ; Gqoli, Neliswa
- Mobile financial services for bottom of pyramid users: Reality or pipe dream? / Makholwa, Clement; Budree, Adheesh; Kabanda, Salah
- Corrigendum: Towards strengthening collaboration between district and local municipalities in South Africa: Insights from Ehlanzeni District Municipality / Magagula, Douglas N. ; Mukonza, Ricky M. ; Manyaka, Rasodi K. ; Moeti, Kabelo B.
(AOSIS, 2020)Mobile financial services (MFSs) are perceived to be a potential solution in addressing emerging economies’ challenges. Through MFS, benefits associated with economic financial inclusion and economic growth and opportunities ...
(AOSIS, 2020)From the late 19th century, and especially during apartheid (1948–1994), Afrikaans became inextricably tied with white people, white domination and apartheid. This association has persisted after 1994, and calls to ...
Employees’ perceptions of diversity management practices as predictors of psychological capital: A South African study (AOSIS, 2020)Human resource practitioners have recently been interested, especially within large corporations, in diversity management and psychological capital (commonly known as positive psychology) – making the insights from such ...
(AOSIS, 2020)The financial health of employees is increasingly becoming important in many organisations. Personal financial wellness not only contributes to the overall well-being of employees but also affects their job productivity. ...
(AOSIS, 2020)Coastal and marine tourism is a sector that draws visitors from around the globe to South Africa. This is largely because of an array of marine wildlife resources found in the country. Despite this strong pull factor, ...
(AOSIS, 2020)Masculine hegemonic predisposition dominates the gender culture in Zimbabwe. From this perspective, the notion of the male gaze entails that visual interpretation, amongst other things, at encoding and decoding levels ...
Using Setswana in business transactions in the clothing industry at the West Rand District Municipality in Gauteng (AOSIS, 2020)According to Census 2011, the three languages with the highest number of first language (L1) speakers in the West Rand District Municipality in Gauteng are Setswana (27.3%), Afrikaans (16.9%) and isiXhosa (14.9%). This ...
An examination of the challenges of quality water provision in Madibeng local municipality, North West province (AOSIS, 2020)Like most municipalities in South Africa, Madibeng local municipality (MLM) is faced with the dual problem of access to water and provision of quality water services. Despite the constitutional responsibility bestowed ...
Entrepreneurship and women’s economic empowerment in Zimbabwe: Research themes and future research perspectives (AOSIS, 2020)This article explores women’s entrepreneurship research conducted in Zimbabwe. For this purpose, a literature review approach was adopted where all journal articles published between 1990 and 2018 that addressed the ...
Interventions supporting the integration of refugee children in the primary school life: Roles of the child’s contexts of development (AOSIS, 2020)The development of children in an atmosphere that supports and promotes their socio-emotional, physical and cognitive well-being is imperative for the realisation of the sustainable development goal 4 for 2030. The school ...
(AOSIS, 2020)This study investigated the use of interactive qualitative analysis (IQA), as a research methodology, to develop an understanding of students’ experiences of learning statistics in a threshold concepts-enriched tutorial ...
(AOSIS, 2020)Drawing on the literature, this article examines approaches for developing disciplinary literacy in teacher education. Findings from different researchers indicate that most university entrants are underprepared for the ...
Developing the usage index for teaching with technology : A case study for Motheo district, South Africa (AOSIS, 2020)Virtual reality has taken the world by storm over the past decade where learners are allowed to gain experiences that are not possible with ordinary teaching methods. The interactive technological devices such as GeoGebra ...
(AOSIS, 2020)This article investigates the incorporation of Picciano’s Blending with purpose multimodal model into an undergraduate music education module. This multimodal model advocates that teachers and instructional designers should ...
Geohydrological aspects of importance in the public management of basic water supply services in Merafong City Local Municipality (Carletonville area), South Africa (AOSIS, 2020)Carletonville is a gold-mining town in western Gauteng province, South Africa, and is located in the Merafong City Local Municipality’s geographical area of responsibility. It is one of the richest gold-producing areas in ...
Municipal demarcation process in the establishment of the Collins Chabane Local Municipality and reasons for the eruption of Vuwani, South Africa (AOSIS, 2020)The demarcation of municipal boundaries in post-apartheid South Africa is characterised by objections from affected communities. Beyond polarising-affected communities, proposed redeterminations regularly elicit destruction ...
The relevance of Kaizen-based work-readiness training for South African University of Technology students (AOSIS, 2020)Kaizen-based work-readiness training originated in Japan and is based on the ‘lean’ production methods taught in Toyota factories in Japan and abroad. Kaizen-based training is rooted in the Kaizen principles of respect for ...