TD: 2015 Volume 11 No 1
Vol. 11, No. 1, July 2015Articles
- Do out-of-body and near-death experiences point towards the reality of nonlocal consciousness? A critical evaluation / Craffert, PF
- Applying a Living Lab methodology to support innovation in education at a university in South Africa / Callaghan, R & Herselman, M
- The process of developing distributed-efficacy and social practice in the context of 'ending AIDS' / Burman, C; Aphane, M; Mamabolo, R; Mtapuri, O & Delobelle, P
- A proposed water sector plan for the Dr Kenneth Kaunda District Municipality (Dr KKDM) / Diedericks, M & Nealer, EJ
- Digital storytelling as a tool for teaching: perceptions of pre-service teachers / Tiba, CA; Condy, J; Chigona, A & Tunjera, N
- Schooling, the underclass and intergenerational mobility: a dual education system dilemma / McKay, TM
- Competitive intelligence in emerging economies: A comparative study between Brazil and South Africa / Sewdass, N & Du Toit, ASA
- The role of metacognitive skills in solving object-oriented programming problems: a case study / Havenga, M
- Dispute resolution mechanisms among the Afar People of Ethiopia and their contribution to the Development Process / Gebre-Egziabher, KA
Dispute resolution mechanisms among the Afar People of Ethiopia and their contribution to the Development Process (2015)Disputes are one of the major factors negatively affecting the development process of any nation. They divert resources that could otherwise be used productively; hence, there appears to be general agreement on their ...
(2015)This article reports on the role of metacognitive skills when solving object-oriented programming problems as part of a case study. The research was constructivist-based within an interpretivist approach to explore how ...
Competitive intelligence in emerging economies: A comparative study between Brazil and South Africa (2015)Competitive intelligence (CI) has long been recognised as a strategic management tool that could enhance competitiveness. CI is expected to play an essential developmental role in emerging economies. The need to enhance ...
(2015)School education in South Africa has seen much progressive change in the last 20 years. Yet educational outcomes are poor and many argue that a dual education system exists. Those with financial and socio-cultural capital ...
(2015)It has been shown that teachers are reluctant to use technology despite the South African (SA) government’s huge expenditure on technological equipment. This might be the result of teachers being unable to select appropriate ...
(2015)The radical reform of potable water services provisioning by means of promulgation of the Water Services Act 108 of 1997 and the National Water Act 36 of 1998 in South Africa (SA) started a process of addressing the ...
The process of developing distributed-efficacy and social practice in the context of 'ending AIDS' (2015)Introduction: this article reflects on data that emanated from a programme evaluation and focuses on a concept we label ‘distributed-efficacy’. We argue that the process of developing and sustaining ‘distributed-efficacy’ ...
Applying a Living Lab methodology to support innovation in education at a university in South Africa (2015)The Living Lab paradigm creates open and inter-disciplinary environments where participants can interrogate challenges and co-create solutions. A successful Living Lab context incorporates a clear focus/vision, strong ...
Do out-of-body and near-death experiences point towards the reality of nonlocal consciousness? A critical evaluation (2015)In recent years there was a steady flow of academic studies claiming that the mind or consciousness can function independently from a working brain. Such research is presented with great confidence as a scientific ...